Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Minimal me



Yesterday I was on call for the whole night. But God had been terribly kind, I was able to have a nap in the evening before being called back into the hospital again. It was cool and windy, making me feel even more lonely walking through the deserted carpark. I looked up to the sky, and through the tiny 'window' between the buildings, I felt the enormous black sky was sheltering me, only then did I feel how enormous it was! The overwhelming amount of stars embraced me so tightly, as though it was a blanket studded with sparkling jewels that my mother has made specially for me, wrapping me tight and sheltering me from harm. And far away in the North the mother moon watches over me, clothed by cirrus clouds, looking pearly white even in the darkest hours of the night. Enveloped by this serene atmosphere, I somehow felt my minimalistic presence in this wide wide world. It felt comforting.

(Photo: Tai Kok Tsui old buildings in Hong Kong, 2003)

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie O said...

This photo is wonderful... I love the technique, but it's really your words that struck me most. Such an interesting and thought provoking post... charlie - alwayscurious.com

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home