Monday, October 30, 2006

i'm just one of the flowers

One day my friend next door in our sassoon road residence told me this story about Plato and his teacher...

One fine day Plato asked his teacher, "What is love?" and he was instructed to go into the forest and search for the most beautiful flower. The only condition was that he could only walk ahead without looking back. As Plato walked through the woods he saw many lovely and flowers. One after the other. But he was reluctant to pick any of them because he kept on hoping that the next one he saw would be even more beautiful. So he looked and walked on. Until it's the end of the forest and his teacher saw him without any flowers. He asked him why he didn't choose any. Plato answered, "I was always hoping for a more beautiful one after a beautiful flower."

And his teacher replied, "This is love."

* * *
Remember the story about Plato and his teacher that was told by my friend next door? I couldn't make much of a meaning out of it apart from a pessimistic one (as suggested by the title) until I got an inspiration from you today...

"I believe Plato had found the most beautiful one in the beginning. He didn't want to pick it up because its beauty could only be preserved at where it belongs. No matter how much he wanted to "possess" it, his love for the flower was far greater than his love for himself.

I'm sure he would have revisited the garden again."

So really, I don't have to be a flower at all. I can be Plato, if I try hard enough. Well, God make us wait patiently for He slowly reveals to us the beauty of the mystery... that can be a way of seeing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home